Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Acknowledging other riders  (Read 5181 times)

Offline Kenko

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: Vmax Honda X11
  • City / Town: West Bromwich
Re: Acknowledging other riders
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 09:13:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Calzate [+]
The angle of your gopro is spot on. How do you like that front carbon fiber wheel cover?

I use a RAM mirror mount bolted through the lower triple tree, I've tried various places on my bike but this spot is the best, less vibration. Carbon front mud guard is great..

Most of my life, I drank whiskey, rode bikes, and chased women..........the rest of it I just wasted.

Offline Kenko

• S1000R Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 09:30:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by BikerTim [+]
Well of course the V-Rod series are not 'real' Harleys 'cos they are water cooled and have technology and stuff on them. Also beneath contempt are HD Sportsters 'cos they are girlie bikes etc etc. Your bikes sounded wicked accelerating off up the hill.
The slip on exhaust is made by a firm up around Blackpool called Power Tech and it was only about 160 plus it does sound good. My sons bike is a Street Rod which is a bit different from the V Rod ie shorter wheelbase, Brembo brakes, normal riding position and handles superb, well when he's riding it. Handles even better now he's upgraded the suspension to Wilbers.   
Most of my life, I drank whiskey, rode bikes, and chased women..........the rest of it I just wasted.

Offline dicey

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: s1000r sport
  • City / Town: mintlaw
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 10:20:38 PM »
Aye pretty poor not even noticing fellow biker sat next to them queer fookers. Some grunt that Harleys got though!

Offline wymanwinn

• S1000R Pro
  • Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley
  • Bike: R1200RT - S1000R
  • City / Town: Solvang, CA
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 10:53:30 PM »
i wave to all motorcyclists...don't really care what they are riding....

interesting story this....i was on my usual sunday morning ride in the back roads of the Santa Ynez Valley, much of which has zero cell coverage, and i came across a fellow motorcyclist and his pillion on the side of the road....a Harley of course!  i stopped and asked if he needed help or for me to get to cell coverage to call someone for him...pillion smiled, he told me to f**k off....ok, so i continue on my ride....i reached the turn point and headed back wondering if they got help.....turn the corner and low and behold they were still on the side of the road....i stopped again and offered to get my truck and take them back into Santa Barbara where they lived.....the look of salvation from the pillion was heartfelt and again the guy said the same thing as before....i thought piss on him and should have asked the pillion if she wanted to take her back home....still wonder what happened to them as it was getting dark and cold...

moral of the story...i will always stop for a stricken motorist or motorcyclist....hopefully, if i need help, someone will stop for me....

always wave, it costs nothing... :028:
"Duke" - 2015 BMW S1000R, Black Storm Metallic
"Sassy" - 2013 BMW R1200RT, Fluid Gray Metallic

Offline miles

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: A red one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 11:07:31 PM »
I always wave, and here in SoCal, the only ones who don't wave back are some of the Harley guys.  1%ers wave back, but not the RUBs.

I also always stop, or at least slow down for bikers on the side of the road and give the "thumbs up" question.  If I get a thumbs up in return, I'll resume speed.  If not, I'll stop and offer what assistance I can, no matter what kind of bike the other guy has.

It used to be that if you had problems, you'd put your helmet on the ground near your back wheel to signal that you needed help, but I think that's gone away now that we all ride bikes that are reliable most of the time*.

*IE, not made in England.

I kid.  Modern Triumphs are excellent in this regard.
Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

Offline Zig Zag

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Black Storm
  • City / Town: Virginia
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 03:37:31 PM »
Like I said earlier in this thread 33 years riding Harleys.
I have always waved to all bikes.
Two months on this bike and I'm done waving to Harleys.
I had no idea how bad the wannabe clowns treated other riders.
Had no use for them before and even less now.
You can be a prick on your own time.
You should remember that its peace of mind youre after and not just a fixed machine.
Robert Persig

Offline windyrun

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 04:22:35 PM »
I heard once that the reason Harley riders don't wave goes back to when Japanese bikes put union and domestic built bikes of all flavors, and thus their workers, at risk. Therefore, Harley riders developed a dislike for anyone that rode a non-union or imported bike since it put them and friends with factory jobs at risk for work.

Full disclosure: I don't own a harley---just passing the story along

Offline Kenko

• S1000R Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 08:27:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by dicey [+]
Aye pretty poor not even noticing fellow biker sat next to them queer fookers. Some grunt that Harleys got though!

A very underrated bike is the Street Rod, the only performance mods are a full Vance and Hines system and a PC plus full Wilbers suspension. It embarasses loads of sportsbikes. :001:

Offline Torchsport

• Non Active
  • S1000R Member
  • Horsepower whisperer
  • Bike: Several
  • City / Town: Cold Hell, MN
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 08:40:49 AM »
 I can barely coax a wave out of those pirates while on my Street Rod.
It probably doesn't help that I wear full sport bike gear...  :164:
2016 BMW S1000RR Premium
2015 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
2006 Harley Davidson V-Rod Street Rod
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1

Offline andy tims

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Haslemere
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2016, 08:55:21 AM »
I usually nod.