Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How do you take the s1kr to the track?  (Read 2985 times)

Offline anmarnar

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R'14
  • City / Town: Gerona
How do you take the s1kr to the track?
« on: May 09, 2016, 12:58:10 PM »
The better way to take your bike to the track is on your own van, of course. Big, new and of yours! You also may rent a van for a day or two. Other way is to put a trailer on the back of you car, but you need to install a trailer ball (and pass technical inspection and say to your insurance). Even you may send the bike through a carrier company wich must be expensive.

In my case, I don't have a van. I have an old little convertible car so I can't install a trailer ball. So, I usually ride on the bike to the track. There are 4 tracks arround Barcelona: Barcelona track (35 min), Castellol track (45 min), Calafat track (1,5 h). There is another one, Alcarrs track, 2hours far away and we went there (only once) in a friend's big lorry.

So, the normal thing for me is waking up early on saturday morning, ride there, have the trackday and go back to town. I have to take off the number plate, the mirrors then, when running out of fuel, put again the mirrors and the number plate and go to the fuel station, then go back to track, take off the numbre and the mirrors to make some laps more (normally a total of 30-40 laps the whole day)...

This doesn't happen in Barcelona Track because there's a fuel station inside the track.

Sometimes when a go to Calafat track (1,5 hours) I spent the night before close to the track in a friend's house or hotel.

When you take the bike in a van you may take with you the fuel you need, confortable clothes, the meal, something to drink, etc. But the cheapest way to do it is riding your bike.

Please let me know how do you take your s1kr to the track?

Offline Kaos Theory

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '17 S1000R
  • City / Town: Dublin
Re: How do you take the s1kr to the track?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 11:53:03 AM »
If I don't ride to the track myself, I'd ask my mates with vans who are bringing their track/race bikes, for a lift in exchange for beer, everyone is happy. :)

Online miles

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: A red one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 01:57:20 PM »
It's much easier for those of us here in the US, since we all have big pickup trucks.
Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

Offline ArtnoC

• S1000R Pro
  • Track addict!
  • Bike: 2015 s1000r
  • City / Town: Chicago, IL
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 02:47:13 PM »
For my first track day, I rode nearly 2 hours to get there and what a foolish thing to do.  It was 40F at 5:30 a.m. and I was miserable upon arrival.  Not to mention I had a backpack filled with tools/tape/extra clothes, etc.

I'll UHAUL a trailer next time. 
That being said _ I still had a blast.
And thanks to Miles - my feet are in a much better position on the pegs. 
Yoshimura F Elim
Pazzo Levers / Rizoma Brake Res / sprocket cover
R&G Frame sliders
Motocomposite CF Matte
Akra Evo exhaust - full

Offline Toolman

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: West Sussex
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 07:47:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by miles [+]
It's much easier for those of us here in the US, since we all have big pickup trucks.

I was in a San Diego bar with a girlfriend a good few years ago and got chatting to a local guy, he said "do you drive stick?" Of course I reply, I'm a Brit, that's all we have, great he said lets all go out in my new huge truck, you drive I'm still banned!! And he bought us dinner, fun night...

Offline 1jzsc

• S1000R Member
  • City / Town: bc
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 09:16:04 PM »
I rented a uhaul for $15 a day.
4 hrs each way to the track at 110km/hr no problem

Offline anmarnar

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R'14
  • City / Town: Gerona
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 10:31:06 PM »
Finally bought a trailer. Brand new. Paid over 2.000. Now, any track seems to be close to me. This is how it looks...

Offline djmrmagic

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 02:14:20 PM »
To the OP you are a jammy bugger! Two great tracks within a hour! Did Parcmotor Castoli the other month...fantastic.

Whilst its not a s1kr i use a traiker on my wifes mini! Its only a 1.4 but pulls well and the breaks are great.which is perfect for towing.

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor