Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Roadtec 01?  (Read 5102 times)

Offline keevster

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 1000R
Re: Roadtec 01?
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2017, 05:37:57 PM »
I did not think much of these tyres to be honest.  The way they squared off, and the initial shape of them.  I don't think they are the right tyre for an S1000R, unless your happy poddling along at lower speeds.
They where supposedly good in the wet, but i never found this to be the case. 

Maybe I just ride to fast for my own good, but there are certainly better tyres out there for all weathers.  Try the Michelin  RS.  Costly tyre, but I cannot recommend it enough.  Wet/Dry, it performs exceptionally well.  The levels of grip are phenomenal.  Never experienced slip once, and the way I was dragging the bike out some corners, I was surprised I never lit the TC light once.

Offline Chris

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 07:49:11 AM »
I love the 01s but they seem to wear quicker than the Z8s so Ive gone back to those

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2015 S1000RS
  • City / Town: Somerset
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2017, 12:05:45 PM »
I have around 6000 miles on my Roadtecs now and they still look like they have enough tread to do another 1-2000 miles.  They're showing the first signs of squaring off, but this isn't affecting handling yet.  We'll see how that goes.

I used the same pair of Roadtecs in the Alps last year and just came back from a 1400 mile coast-to-coast tour* of the Pyrenees. We had temperatures between 6C and 25C, crappy French roads with poor surfaces and tar snakes, brilliant Spanish roads that I'm sure were designed by a motorcyclist, glorious sunshine and moderate rain. The Roadtecs handled it all with no problems and at no time did I feel like I needed stickier rubber.

* Where tour means spirited riding, not low speed sightseeing.

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2015 S1000RS
  • City / Town: Somerset
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2018, 04:48:31 PM »
My Roadtecs were eventually done at about 6500 miles. The rear was down to 1.7mm whilst the front was still up around 2.1mm. Both started to lose their shape over the last 500 miles and square off in the middle. Handling felt a bit more flighty as a result.

Ive been very happy with the Roadtecs in both dry and wet conditions, but just to try something different Ive now swapped to a pair of Michelin PR5s.

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor