Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Roadtec 01?  (Read 3843 times)

Offline keevster

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 1000R
Re: Roadtec 01?
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2017, 05:37:57 PM »
I did not think much of these tyres to be honest.  The way they squared off, and the initial shape of them.  I don't think they are the right tyre for an S1000R, unless your happy poddling along at lower speeds.
They where supposedly good in the wet, but i never found this to be the case. 

Maybe I just ride to fast for my own good, but there are certainly better tyres out there for all weathers.  Try the Michelin  RS.  Costly tyre, but I cannot recommend it enough.  Wet/Dry, it performs exceptionally well.  The levels of grip are phenomenal.  Never experienced slip once, and the way I was dragging the bike out some corners, I was surprised I never lit the TC light once.

Offline Chris

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 07:49:11 AM »
I love the 01s but they seem to wear quicker than the Z8s so Ive gone back to those

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2015 S1000RS
  • City / Town: Somerset
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2017, 12:05:45 PM »
I have around 6000 miles on my Roadtecs now and they still look like they have enough tread to do another 1-2000 miles.  They're showing the first signs of squaring off, but this isn't affecting handling yet.  We'll see how that goes.

I used the same pair of Roadtecs in the Alps last year and just came back from a 1400 mile coast-to-coast tour* of the Pyrenees. We had temperatures between 6C and 25C, crappy French roads with poor surfaces and tar snakes, brilliant Spanish roads that I'm sure were designed by a motorcyclist, glorious sunshine and moderate rain. The Roadtecs handled it all with no problems and at no time did I feel like I needed stickier rubber.

* Where tour means spirited riding, not low speed sightseeing.

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor