Author Topic: PIRELLI DIABLO ROSSOô III  (Read 21659 times)

Offline MetroCommuter

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: Ď17 S1000R
  • City / Town: Newcastle NSW
Re: PIRELLI DIABLO ROSSOô III
Reply #40 on: October 11, 2020, 08:37:33 AM
Sitting at home drinking wine, and came across this thread, and thought I would share.  I had two sets of M7RR on my '17 S1000R, and had to throw on new tyres for a teack day so put on a set of Rosso IIIs (price same as M7RR but got free tickets to the WSBK @ Phillip Is earlier this year). Having now done about 4,000km  and a track day on the Rosso III, and a few track days and heaps of Km on the M7RR, my view is (1) both excellent tyres (2) the M7RR is better on wet/crappy roads (3) Rosso III better on dry and on track (4) Rosso III *seems* to tip in a bit better, but not much in it.  Short version - I would be happy with either.  Will give the new uber Michelins a go next time - change is good.

Offline Hamburg

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2014 Sport
  • City / Town: Oxford
Reply #41 on: May 13, 2021, 07:32:01 PM
*Originally Posted by MetroCommuter [+]
Sitting at home drinking wine, and came across this thread, and thought I would share.  I had two sets of M7RR on my '17 S1000R, and had to throw on new tyres for a teack day so put on a set of Rosso IIIs (price same as M7RR but got free tickets to the WSBK @ Phillip Is earlier this year). Having now done about 4,000km  and a track day on the Rosso III, and a few track days and heaps of Km on the M7RR, my view is (1) both excellent tyres (2) the M7RR is better on wet/crappy roads (3) Rosso III better on dry and on track (4) Rosso III *seems* to tip in a bit better, but not much in it.  Short version - I would be happy with either.  Will give the new uber Michelins a go next time - change is good.

Useful thread this, Iím just about to change a set of M7ís which I like, they really inspire confidence in the wet and warm up quickly. Iím pretty sure Iíll fit the same again.

Offline windyrun

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: '21 S1000RR
Reply #42 on: May 13, 2021, 07:51:04 PM
I've been happy with M7s in the past as well. However, last two sets have been dunlop Q3+ which I'm very happy with and the Q3+ tip in quicker it seems. No idea about traction in wet since haven't ridden in any down pours/wet roads in a while.
Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 07:51:46 PM by windyrun

Offline Shodan

• S1000R Junior
Reply #43 on: June 22, 2021, 09:27:58 AM
Just Ordered Mine Today  :152:

Offline orlandson

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: '19 S1000R
Reply #44 on: September 10, 2021, 07:07:46 PM
*Originally Posted by Hamburg [+]
Useful thread this, Iím just about to change a set of M7ís which I like, they really inspire confidence in the wet and warm up quickly. Iím pretty sure Iíll fit the same again.

Any thoughts about M9RR?

Offline Hamburg

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2014 Sport
  • City / Town: Oxford
Reply #45 on: September 11, 2021, 09:54:49 AM
I fitted the M7ís again and they are brilliant, performance in the wet is outstanding, I donít think Iíve ever had a ďmomentĒ even in the filthiest of conditions, and this year is probably the wettest Iíve ridden.

Iíve done 3000 miles since I bought the bike in April and Iíve never had to use Rain mode, Iíve read that the 9ís are even better so next time I need front and rear Iíll give them a try.

However Iím only a road rider so my observations are just on how the bike has performed in mixed conditions on the road.

sociology-monitor