Author Topic: Mirror Hole Plugs  (Read 12989 times)

Offline Doddsy

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Bucks
Re: Mirror Hole Plugs
Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 07:26:53 PM
Duffy I can't remember the name of the place I got mine from, I just google the size and it listed a whole load of suppliers. AS I said before thought the one I went with, I had to buy 10 bolts minimum

I know SP Engineering make some too for other bikes - might be worth asking if they'll do some in the correct fitment for the S1KR?

Offline duffys1r

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Lowestoft
Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 08:25:36 PM
Cheers but Gaz (legend) has helped me out with some, although the clutch side won't go in, or rather I won't force it.
The right side mirror goes easily in the left side, but the right side blank which screws in perfectly will not go in the left. Strange?

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '14 S1KR, ZeroS
  • City / Town: Potter Valley
Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 08:31:08 PM
*Originally Posted by duffys1r [+]
How? the pitch in the ram ball is 1.25?

I had a flange mount Ram ball laying around. Cut off the flange and the ball has about a 3/16" hole running up the full length inside of it. I took an extra allen wrench that was slightly larger then the mirror stalk mount. I hand turned it on a bench grinder so that each end fit its needed hole. JB welded it into the ball. Now, for track days I loosen the compression nut on the mirror, pop it off and slide in my ball and tighten up the nut. This keeps my iPhone (with Harry's Lap Timer) off to the side so my shield is not jambed into it. It also allows my camera to face forward for video in the Spider grip (mounted backwards in grip) and the Right 1/3 of the display is visible so I can glance at the "lead/lag" status bar. I also have a "permanent"  Ball mounted on my bar clamp for street GPS use when mirrors are installed.
"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

Offline ZaiCo

• S1000R Pro
Reply #33 on: October 26, 2021, 06:54:22 PM
I know it's an old thread, but I stumbled across it while searching for mirror plugs myself so thought I'd post this here in case someone else does the same in the future. They're a bit expensive compared to a regular screw from a hardware store, but might be of interest for anyone who wants something with a bit more style:

https://www.desmoworld.com/en/desmoworld-mirror-thread-cover-2125?number=SSD001-BB-14-M15R

And gere's also a short clip I found on YouTube. It shows the bigger version (16,5mm) in black/gold. The 14,6mm version seem to be a better fit since the 16,5 gives a bit of an overhang -- it's also what Desmoworld recommended for the S1000R. In case the URL timestamp gets removed by the forum tag, you can most clearly see the screws at 1:01.

Offline Hamburg

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2014 Sport
  • City / Town: Oxford
Reply #34 on: October 26, 2021, 06:56:16 PM
 :460: