Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brentuning ecu flash  (Read 15185 times)

Offline WickedMoto

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2015 BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Chicago
Brentuning ecu flash
« on: October 17, 2015, 06:11:59 PM »
Well shes finally here and all put back together.

After installing the ecu and going to get gas, i found that the idle is smoother, its an easier start, and the throttle response is instant.

After riding around about 20 miles, in dynamic mode, this thing is insane. I could not full throttle it. Its def got more torque. 2nd gear pull at 5k before the flash was a fun pull with the wheel ever so slightly popping up and down a half an inch or so. Then i tried the same pull with the bren tune. I got the same pull in between half and three quarters throttle as i did at full throttle with the stock tune.

I cant wait to get it on the dyno even though the increases are not going to be seen as i didnt get the bike dynoed before the flash so i apologize about that.

However what i want to see is how smooth the power is delivered because its a substantial difference from what it was.

As far as how much more power it has i do not know, but what i do know is that it pulls insanely freaking hard. I could not full throttle it. At around half throttle the pull is insane and the front end tries to lift. Some of it could be in my head, or it could be that this tune is the sickest tune thus far.

Regardless, im happy with it. For those considering it, please get this tune. Brentuning will not dissapoint you!
Ztechnik V Stream, CRG Arrow Mirrors, Rhino Bar Ends, BrenTuning Ecu Flash, Akrapovic Shorty Slip-On, Attack Performance Resets (waiting to be installed), Akrapovic Full system stainless steel (ordered, on it's way), Sprint P08 air filter (on its way)

Coming Soon:
Carbon Fiber with black and red twill weave air box cover and tank side panels

Online Lowrance

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1KR
  • City / Town: So Cal
Re: Brentuning ecu flash
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 07:55:38 PM »
Sounds like you're happy with it so that's all that really matters.

Are still running the stock pipe?
Why is common sense so uncommon?

Offline WickedMoto

• S1000R Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 08:57:34 PM »
Yea. Just the akrapovic slip on from the dealer.
Ztechnik V Stream, CRG Arrow Mirrors, Rhino Bar Ends, BrenTuning Ecu Flash, Akrapovic Shorty Slip-On, Attack Performance Resets (waiting to be installed), Akrapovic Full system stainless steel (ordered, on it's way), Sprint P08 air filter (on its way)

Coming Soon:

Offline WickedMoto

• S1000R Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 08:59:31 PM »
Also, i know that you guys want something measureable, hence why you wanted me to dyno the stock power vs brentune flashed ecu. However, would dynoing it now say anything. To see how the curves are?

Coming Soon:

Offline Trashman

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Grants Pass, OR
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 09:19:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by WickedMoto [+]
Also, i know that you guys want something measureable, hence why you wanted me to dyno the stock power vs brentune flashed ecu. However, would dynoing it now say anything. To see how the curves are?

While not as useful, I'd still be interested in a dyno chart. What was the cost? If you don't mind me asking.

Offline WickedMoto

• S1000R Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 09:33:16 PM »
It was around 750 with overnight shipping! For the improvement i thinks its very worth it!

Coming Soon:

Offline WickedMoto

• S1000R Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 03:15:14 PM »
Little update:

This thing pulls hard as all get out. The thing just takes off like a bat out of  :172: This turns it into a completely different bike. I'm loving this tune. It just keeps getting better and better and better!  :305:

Really, if anyone is considering this ecu flash, please do yourselfs the favor and get it. Do not waste your money on the power commander. If you have a full exhaust, you let them know when you ship your ecu out, they have maps to tune everything so you won't need your power commander anymore.

Working on getting this thing to the dyno to check out how much power it has.

Coming Soon:

Offline terpion

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Warsaw
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 05:22:49 PM »
Hey WickedMoto, I saw that you have a YT channel with some S1000R footage. Would you mind doing a recording after the reflash? I would love to see a video of how it runs now  :001:. Just be careful though.

Offline WickedMoto

• S1000R Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 05:26:52 PM »
Yes sir! Will do. I had planned on it already. Ill do a little pull to show that it didn't affect low end it only enhanced it.

How did you find my YT channel btw?  :002:

Coming Soon:

Offline terpion

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Warsaw
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 05:36:58 PM »
 :002: I found it by chance. now and than I'll do a search of videos on S1000R. Sometimes you find an interesting video.  :002:

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor