Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brentuning ecu flash  (Read 13369 times)

Offline WickedMoto

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2015 BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Chicago
Re: Brentuning ecu flash
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 05:39:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by terpion [+]
:002: I found it by chance. now and than I'll do a search of videos on S1000R. Sometimes you find an interesting video.  :002:

Yep! lol. I do the same thing. I planned on doing another motovlog tomorrow on the way to work. I was going to touch on the BrenTuning and a walk around. Ill let you know, or subscribe to see when it get's uploaded! lol  :821:
Ztechnik V Stream, CRG Arrow Mirrors, Rhino Bar Ends, BrenTuning Ecu Flash, Akrapovic Shorty Slip-On, Attack Performance Resets (waiting to be installed), Akrapovic Full system stainless steel (ordered, on it's way), Sprint P08 air filter (on its way)

Coming Soon:
Carbon Fiber with black and red twill weave air box cover and tank side panels

Offline heltsonika

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: Tuono 1100RF
  • City / Town: Stockholm
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 11:40:59 AM »
Anyone tried the Brentuning on the Dyno?

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1KR, ZeroS
  • City / Town: Potter Valley
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 07:32:03 PM »
I've done it and I can't tell you how dumb I feel for not getting a stock baseline. My numbers are not real impressive and meaningless without the baseline. BrenTune has offered to look at it again to their credit. They still have no before and after dyno runs to share and I'm hoping that by now some of you have a pre and post BrenTune dyno runs to share. I do have very sweet torque and power curves with no dip anywhere in both but a slight boost (~2HP) in both at about 6600 rpm.
"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

Offline heltsonika

• S1000R Member
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 07:29:39 AM »
Please attached a picture of your graphs :)

Offline valter

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: Black R
  • City / Town: Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 08:08:01 AM »
interested to see the results.

What happens to your tune after bringing it to the dealer?

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 06:17:14 PM »
When I go to the dealer for anything I tell them that I do not want any software upgrades and they are fine with that. BrenTune says that the flash is invisible to the dealer. Dyno run posted, again the number means nothing as there is no benchmark on this dyno with my bike stock. The tuner "feels" that his dyno is accurate stating that his runs read what would be expected. What is useful here are the glorious curves!
"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

Offline SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 10:32:48 PM »
Good looking curve (but it is upside down!). do you happen to know what AFR the bike was running through the rev range?

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 11:36:05 PM »
Sorry about the flip, it is correct in my viewer.
Again, bummed that I did not pay extra for the A/F. My butt was telling me that there was no added power so I just went for a basic power pull just to see what numbers it produced. At this point I'm not sure how much I'm willing to pay to see if this really does much. I can easily pay 1/2 the cost of the flash just to verify gains or not. This is why my starting point is asking for other before/after dyno numbers to find an average real world gain. If I find that mine is not close to the average I may very well have to go full out and have the dealer put it back to OEM tune, dyno and A/F, send it back in for a reflash and do it all again. If it is still sub-par then at least I'll have data for a resolution.

Offline heltsonika

• S1000R Member
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 11:16:40 AM »
This is mine Stock vs Custom tune. The tune was done with PCV and Akra shorty but I had the long can on when I did the last run that is attached. I gained 1hp with the long can ;)

Before

After

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 03:31:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by heltsonika [+]
This is mine Stock vs Custom tune. The tune was done with PCV and Akra shorty but I had the long can on when I did the last run that is attached. I gained 1hp with the long can ;)

Before

After
[/quote

Thanks for this I really appreciate it! I hope to see some BrenTune charts as the PCV does not effect timing and that can be where there is likely more hidden power.

I'm puzzled how they developed this tune without any dyno runs to build and refine it. They do not have any dyno runs to share.

Recent Posts/Topics