Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fantastic ride yesterday / new road discovered.  (Read 1765 times)

Offline andy tims

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Haslemere
Fantastic ride yesterday / new road discovered.
« on: April 19, 2014, 09:16:55 AM »
Went for a great blast on the Gixxer yesterday with 2 friends - 1 on a GSXR 1000 and the other on a Ducati 848 Evo. We went from Midhurst to Winchester on the fast sweeping A272 and enjoyed a coffee in the sun at Maison Blanc. Then we headed back to Petersfield and out to South Harting where we picked up the utterly brilliant B2141 Chilgrove Road to East Lavant. I can't believe I've never been on this road before. It starts with a twisty uphill section before opening out into several miles of really fast, well sighted sweepers. We then went via the brilliant A285 Duncton Hill Road towards Petworth, but diverted off, through Fittleworth and Pulborough, up Bury Hill for a well earned portion of cheesy chips at Whiteways cafe, before the final leg home.

I was still buzzing for hours after.

Off out in a minute to do the B2141 again.
Andy

Offline aka_Gilo

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R & Bonnie
  • City / Town: Bristol, UK
Re: Fantastic ride yesterday / new road discovered.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 10:15:58 AM »
Nice one!  I was out on Thursday morning with a mate - 180 mile loop over in Wales with brekkie at Llandovery. The Llandovery - Builth Wells section is a corker, very fast, undulating, twisty roads with great visibility and (Sundays excepted) very little police presence.  Superb!!

Offline Kenko

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: Vmax Honda X11
  • City / Town: West Bromwich
Re: Fantastic ride yesterday / new road discovered.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 06:51:58 PM »
Off to Betws-y-Coed tomorrow, 6am start, meeting up with around four others all on sports bikes ie a couple of K5 GSXR 1000s a Ducati 1198 SP and a new FireBlade and maybe a couple of others if they can get up. :008:. Wish I was going on a S1000R instead of my X11, Oh well it won't be long....
Most of my life, I drank whiskey, rode bikes, and chased women..........the rest of it I just wasted.

Recent Posts/Topics