Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: IOM TT  (Read 4670 times)

Offline Alzo

• Ex Member
  • S1000R Master
Re: IOM TT
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 09:17:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by zedhead [+]
I got back from my annual pilgrimage to the Island yesterday, I have listened to a lot of people slagging off the TT for years and to be honest it annoys me. The enthusiasm of all the riders, mechanics, fans etc. is incredible, you can speak to the top riders as well as the privateers as there are no prima donnas. We all love the TT and the Island and what it stands for and the riders know the dangers as we all do but the feeling of riding the Mountain course with all its history far out weighs the dangers. I was on the ferry coming home yesterday and happened to be sitting next to an elderly gentleman who raced there in the late 50's on a Manx Norton(which he still has!!), he was talking about people like Geoff Duke who he raced against and telling tales of what they used to get up to on the Island. I offered him a 100 for the Manx but he turned me down!! The TT needs to be experienced at least once by all bikers( if possible), a wonderful event.
:460:

Offline Kenko

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: Vmax Honda X11
  • City / Town: West Bromwich
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 10:49:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by zedhead [+]
I offered him a 100 for the Manx but he turned me down!!

You could have least gone to 150 :164:
Most of my life, I drank whiskey, rode bikes, and chased women..........the rest of it I just wasted.

Offline Kenko

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: Vmax Honda X11
  • City / Town: West Bromwich
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 10:54:24 AM »
Did not get over to the I.O.M but hats off to ITV for their fantastic coverage of the whole week of racing, even my wife was engrossed. 
Most of my life, I drank whiskey, rode bikes, and chased women..........the rest of it I just wasted.

Offline miles

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: A red one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2015, 03:16:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Kenko [+]
You could have least gone to 150 :164:

Even though I hated that old Commando I had, I'd still have offered at least 200...
Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor