Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: LED kit that works in high beam housing  (Read 14776 times)

Offline mikester

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: LED kit that works in high beam housing
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2015, 09:16:31 AM »
Those Phillips led sidelight bulb look great, shame they're not sold in the UK.

Fed up of having cheaper LED bulbs from ebay and the like blowing after a few months or starting to flicker with age and never being truly white looking more blue than anything.

Offline HOLLYW00D

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2015 S100R
  • City / Town: WI
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2015, 01:14:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by mikester [+]
Those Phillips led sidelight bulb look great, shame they're not sold in the UK.

Hope this helps:
http://www.rockauto.co.uk/m/mobilecatalog.php?carcode=1445326&parttype=2816

Offline mikester

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2015, 02:47:04 PM »

Thanks bud, shipping costs more than the product itself. I'll skip and wait until someone starts selling them over here. Nice link though, seems to list every part per car then model, interesting.

Offline empty_infinity

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Vancouver
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2015, 02:43:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by HOLLYW00D [+]
I also received a pigtail/harness type thing for the 9005 side, but that just looks to be an extension.  I didn't use it; my bulbs plug in directly to the factory connectors.

Are you guys talking about the harness that has what appears to be a ballast on it? (The picture on product page has this). Seems to be a controller module or something.  Do I need to use this? Can I leave it out and go straight from stock 9005 socket to the bulb?

Offline Prosapia

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R
  • City / Town: VA
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2015, 12:58:01 AM »
Hey guys, so I purchased a set of these based on this post and I've now gone through two 7.5 amp fuses trying to test the low beam H7. First one was my fault, she didn't light when I started so I turned off the engine (key still in ON position) flipped the connector (I made the assumption that no power was being sent to low beam bulb until engine was turned over), tiny spark when plugging in, then no low beam, key turned off and pulled. Checked the fuse and it was blown. So I put in a new 7.5 amp (yes with key out), tried again, new OPT7 H7 lit for less than second then immediately went dark, checked the same fuse and it was blown again. My question is are you guys\gals putting in a higher rated fuse (10amp?) to get these to run? I don't really want to run a higher rated fuse if at possible. 

Edit: Well leave it to the newbie to not read all of the posts in this thread. Saw the part about not connecting the adapter\extension on the H7 side. Left it off this time and presto no more blown fuses and very bright lights  :002:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:53:39 AM by Prosapia »

Offline Circus

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R, Red
  • City / Town: San Diego
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2019, 04:51:56 AM »
The thread started with Hollywood installing this LED bulb: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111658358201

It has a cooling fan.  I read some reviews where motorcycle riders (not S1000R riders) said it was loud.  The S1000R is quite loud and I always wear earplugs.  For the S1000R riders who have installed this bulb is the fan sound an issue?
Only two kinds of people in the world . . . women and children.

Offline miles

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: A red one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2019, 05:04:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by Circus [+]
The thread started with Hollywood installing this LED bulb: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111658358201

It has a cooling fan.  I read some reviews where motorcycle riders (not S1000R riders) said it was loud.  The S1000R is quite loud and I always wear earplugs.  For the S1000R riders who have installed this bulb is the fan sound an issue?

I recently replaced the LED in my bike's low beam because the fan had become increasingly loud and somewhat ragged sounding*.  I couldn't hear it with the bike running, even at its worst.

*I attribute a lot of it to the thousands of miles of dirt roads I've ridden with that bulb's fan sucking up dust, even though the location is somewhat protected.
Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

Offline miles

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: A red one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2019, 05:05:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by empty_infinity [+]
Are you guys talking about the harness that has what appears to be a ballast on it? (The picture on product page has this). Seems to be a controller module or something.  Do I need to use this? Can I leave it out and go straight from stock 9005 socket to the bulb?

You need the ballast.
Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

Offline ParkingLotRossi

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 17 BMW S1000R
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2019, 06:48:31 PM »
Thanks for this post! I realize this topic is old but just wanted to mention that these lights are awesome! The difference in the low beam alone is significant! The High beam is better but still really kinda suffers because of the dumb design choice that BMW went w/. I just need to pull the low beam light out though because I can still move it around; I think i have the locking ring installed wrong. Plus I'll take the opportunity to mod the dust cover so I can install that as well. I also went w/the LED parking lights too match the low and high beam.

These lights really improve night riding and give this bike a premium look that the stock halogens just couldn't possibly hope to give.  :152:

Recent Posts/Topics