Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: RAM Fork Stem Mount  (Read 4360 times)

Offline jdr

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: So California
Re: RAM Fork Stem Mount
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 03:50:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by halfbr33d [+]
Can you not unbolt the bars, move them slightly out of the way, fit this, and then reinstall the bars? the way the base sits, it looks like it would work?
Yes.
But using a handlebar clamp base was even easier.

Offline halfbr33d

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 18 S1000R
  • City / Town: Norman OK
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 04:09:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by jdr [+]
Yes.
But using a handlebar clamp base was even easier.

Oh absolutely. However, what I'm getting at is, the cutting you had to do to the base, would that not be avoidable by moving the bars out of the way, doing the install, and putting the bars back? The reason I'm asking is that I've recently ordered the Ram Mount Motorcycle Fork Stem Base solely on the fact that it LOOKED like it would work. I have no real measurements and couldn't find any exact numbers for my 2018 S1KR. "Easier" isn't what I'm after. I would like it symmetrical and centered. Plus, the way this kit is installed by cutting the rubber base, I assume it's not returnable once an installation has been attempted. From your experience, knowing what I'm after, would you recommend returning it and trying the other way?

Offline jdr

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: So California
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 04:29:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by halfbr33d [+]
...the cutting you had to do to the base, would that not be avoidable by moving the bars out of the way, doing the install, and putting the bars back?
That is what I meant by "Yes" in my previous posting.

Offline halfbr33d

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 04:31:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by jdr [+]
That is what I meant by "Yes" in my previous posting.

Sweet ..thanks, mister. Much appreciated.

Offline Awjeeez

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2016 S1KR
  • City / Town: Seattle, WA
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2019, 05:17:04 AM »
Greetings! My name is Zak Krenzer and I am the Powersports Account Manager at RAM Mounts. I just bought a S1000r and am new to the forum

FWIW My favorite Base for this bike is the RAM-B-367U . The Fork Stem works pretty well, but is better suited for bikes with clip-ons.

Other notable SKUs:

RAM-HOL-PD3-238AU - one handed operation and better for horizontal orientation than the X-Grip.
RAM-B-408-75-1U  - .75-1
RAM-B-408-112-15U - 1.125 - 1.5 -Better looking handlebar base, plastic shims that make it fit snug and wont mar the bars.

Cheers

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '14 S1KR, ZeroS
  • City / Town: Potter Valley
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2019, 04:15:32 PM »
I have a RAM X-mount due to all the great reviews. However, I think it is one of the worse mounts I've used and it cost the most! Perhaps mine is defective - with my iPhone it wobbles or rocks back and forth in rotation maybe 15-20 degrees (X arms within the round base) and with a modest phone case it barely fits. Antone else? Funky design or mines defective?
"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

Offline halfbr33d

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 03:05:44 AM »
*Originally Posted by Awjeeez [+]
Greetings! My name is Zak Krenzer and I am the Powersports Account Manager at RAM Mounts. I just bought a S1000r and am new to the forum

FWIW My favorite Base for this bike is the RAM-B-367U . The Fork Stem works pretty well, but is better suited for bikes with clip-ons.

Other notable SKUs:

RAM-HOL-PD3-238AU - one handed operation and better for horizontal orientation than the X-Grip.
RAM-B-408-75-1U  - .75-1
RAM-B-408-112-15U - 1.125 - 1.5 -Better looking handlebar base, plastic shims that make it fit snug and wont mar the bars.

Cheers

Greetings Zak. I want that perfectly symmetrical positioning. dead center and just below the cluster. To my knowledge, no other mount you folks make is going to give me that. Thanks for chiming in.

Recent Posts/Topics