Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Coolant recall.  (Read 98915 times)

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2015 S1000RS
  • City / Town: Somerset
Re: Coolant recall.
« Reply #290 on: February 17, 2019, 11:18:49 AM »
I donít think there have been recalls for either of those items (in the UK at least), BMW seem to be dealing with them on a case by case basis. I had the mystery coolant loss on my bike since purchase and had the dealer replace the expansion tank (thanks to the good info available on this site). They were happy to do the work under warranty. Several thousand miles later, the coolant level hasnít changed at all.

Offline Raisa_c

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Bucharest
« Reply #291 on: February 20, 2019, 10:42:01 AM »
Seems like there were 3 recalls for the 2014 model, iím right now at the official bmw dealer, but i was dissapointed to find that the recalls were something about the clutch lever, a trim pannel and the right command lever(?). Didnít have the opportunity to get more details yet, but there was nothing about the expansion tank, nothing about the water pump, lambda sensor or anything of the sort. Guess Iíll wait and see, i have to get her fixed well, she sure is a sweet ride, despite all her moods:))

Offline MarketSquareHero

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #292 on: February 20, 2019, 11:25:04 AM »
Don't think the expansion tank was a official recall.Got mine done after about 6 months but had to ask them to do it.Infact ,they didn't know anything about the redesign of the tank at the time.
That was way back in 2014 though but since that time I've not had to top up the tank once.

Offline Raisa_c

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Bucharest
« Reply #293 on: February 20, 2019, 12:40:42 PM »
You are right, the tank was not a recall, and my dealer did not know about this issue, but they said they'll contact the"motherboard"and then let me know. The recalls were for a part of the clutch lever hinge that gets worn too fast, about the start button and the command block on the right and the last was for the black plastic side pannels, the ones thst connect to the front fairings on each side. The thing that made my day was that the guy in charge of the technical departament was kind enough to give me another s1000r to try and see if there is a problem/difference with the running on idle. And it is, and i hope they will find the solution to it. Cheers!

Offline MarketSquareHero

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #294 on: February 20, 2019, 08:22:43 PM »
Sounds like a good dealer.
Good luck.

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor