Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What have you done to your S1000R today?  (Read 371877 times)

Offline Woody146

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 15 & 18 S1KR
  • City / Town: San Jose , CA
Re: What have you done to your S1000R today?
« Reply #890 on: July 20, 2016, 06:43:37 PM »
I too have the cox racing rad guards and did not notice an increase in temp at all.  This bike does get hot in bumper to bumper traffic and then cools right down once moving at speed.  My dealership recommended them and will not have any issues with warranty.  These radiators are not cheap and a rock to the rad would be catastrophic..and I'm not sure if a rock to a radiator is covered under warranty as it is more of a road hazard/ the riders fault.  Rad guards are cheap insurance this does not happen.

normal high temp for me is 218 to 224 (224 was stand still in 100 degree Fahrenheit  weather)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:46:09 PM by Woody146 »

Offline StandrewsX

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
« Reply #891 on: July 20, 2016, 07:14:25 PM »
My dealer also recommended them as a must have. He also recommended not fitting the Dynamic pro plug as he said it was designed only to work with Slick tyres fitted. As he is also one of the top men in Pirelli tyres BSB team I'm quessing he knows what he's talking about.

Offline DRoss

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: s1000r, fz1
  • City / Town: Mariposa, Ca
« Reply #892 on: July 20, 2016, 07:30:02 PM »
I'm guessing not he needs to RTFM.  :305:

Offline mkultra

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Cambridge
« Reply #893 on: July 20, 2016, 09:53:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by StandrewsX [+]
My dealer also recommended them as a must have. He also recommended not fitting the Dynamic pro plug as he said it was designed only to work with Slick tyres fitted. As he is also one of the top men in Pirelli tyres BSB team I'm quessing he knows what he's talking about.

The "slick tyre only" may be a slight exaggeration but it is not that far from what the Rider's Manual states:

"DYNAMIC PRO
The DYNAMIC PRO mode cannot be activated unless the coding plug is inserted. The DYNAMIC PRO mode was developed for situations in which the rider has an open view of the road ahead and the surroundings and is riding on surfaces with the high level of grip generally encountered only on racetracks. Similarly, the assumption on which the parameter settings for this mode are based is that the motorcycle is fitted with tyres with a very high level of surface grip.

The behaviour of the ABS is the same as in DYNAMIC mode, with one exception: ABS control is not active at the rear wheel when the footbrake lever is pressed. Under these circumstances, the rear wheel can lock up. The function for detecting the rear wheel's tendency to lift clear of the ground is also deactivated."

Offline Clivescoobydo

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000r Sport, R1
  • City / Town: Surrey, UK
« Reply #894 on: July 20, 2016, 10:45:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by mkultra [+]
The "slick tyre only" may be a slight exaggeration but it is not that far from what the Rider's Manual states:

"DYNAMIC PRO
The DYNAMIC PRO mode cannot be activated unless the coding plug is inserted. The DYNAMIC PRO mode was developed for situations in which the rider has an open view of the road ahead and the surroundings and is riding on surfaces with the high level of grip generally encountered only on racetracks. Similarly, the assumption on which the parameter settings for this mode are based is that the motorcycle is fitted with tyres with a very high level of surface grip.

The behaviour of the ABS is the same as in DYNAMIC mode, with one exception: ABS control is not active at the rear wheel when the footbrake lever is pressed. Under these circumstances, the rear wheel can lock up. The function for detecting the rear wheel's tendency to lift clear of the ground is also deactivated."

Just put the plug in and wring it's kneck  :028: personally I didn't notice to much difference between dynamic and dynamic pro and as for slick tyres the standard DRC's will have far more grip than either you or I can cope with. We've all rode bikes pre rider aids so just use throttle control and feel. It's only in the upper rev range where you need a little finesse without big brother watching over you  :038:
Never ride faster than your guardian angel 😇

Offline Troppo

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #895 on: July 20, 2016, 11:23:43 PM »
Yes, I just leave it in Dynamic and switch the suspension from comfort to normal...

Offline StandrewsX

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #896 on: July 21, 2016, 09:11:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by DRoss [+]
I'm guessing not he needs to RTFM.  :305:

Calm down dude, seems he's pretty much on the money.

*Originally Posted by mkultra [+]

"DYNAMIC PRO

May be why dealers won't fit it?

Offline DRoss

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: s1000r, fz1
  • City / Town: Mariposa, Ca
« Reply #897 on: July 21, 2016, 09:59:41 AM »
Or could be he got the idea from slick mode on the rr and has never read the manual for the r and doesn't know what he is talking about. They are different motors and bikes after all.

Offline StandrewsX

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #898 on: July 21, 2016, 10:45:37 AM »
  :211: Nope don't think so. The excerpt in my post is from the S1KR manual. I'm supposing you have read it? The motors are different, our engines produce more power and torque where it matters!!   :112:

Offline Clivescoobydo

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000r Sport, R1
  • City / Town: Surrey, UK
« Reply #899 on: July 21, 2016, 12:47:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by StandrewsX [+]
  :211: Nope don't think so. The excerpt in my post is from the S1KR manual. I'm supposing you have read it? The motors are different, our engines produce more power and torque where it matters!!   :112:

Put the plug in you'll be fine. As for it being designed to only be used with slick tyres that doesn't make any sense to me.  So does that apply to every other litre sports bike (around the 160 bhp) that doesn't have rider aids??  :084: You'd have to be completely disconnected from the bike (throttle to rear tyre or a numskull) to keep rolling on without feeling the rear tyre is losing grip.
Never ride faster than your guardian angel 😇

Recent Posts/Topics