Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What have you done to your S1000R today?  (Read 359331 times)

Offline cas

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SPORT SE
  • City / Town: Howwood
Re: What have you done to your S1000R today?
« Reply #350 on: July 08, 2015, 08:51:21 AM »
Fitted Grip Puppies yaaah no more buzzy bars and white finger later in life  :028:

Offline Kenko

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: Vmax Honda X11
  • City / Town: West Bromwich
« Reply #351 on: July 08, 2015, 08:58:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by cas [+]
Fitted Grip Puppies yaaah no more buzzy bars and white finger later in life  :028:
Are they that good and do they make the grips much fatter?
Most of my life, I drank whiskey, rode bikes, and chased women..........the rest of it I just wasted.

Offline cas

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #352 on: July 08, 2015, 10:33:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by Kenko [+]
Are they that good and do they make the grips much fatter?

They certainly cut the vibes down that much you cant really feel them, and they do make the grips slightly fatter and they are comfortable. Overall they add about 4 to 5mm to the diameter of the grip.

Offline ngallan

• S1000R Member
« Reply #353 on: July 08, 2015, 11:20:21 AM »
Does the heated grip still work - i.e. can you feel the heat through them?
I cannot give any guarantee with regard to the accuracy, completeness or suitability of any comments I make here :D

Offline Cofra

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Sundsvall
« Reply #354 on: July 08, 2015, 11:42:56 AM »
Usually grips like these isolate a bit so that the heat takes longer to come through, startup time, considering it has to pass through more material before it reaches the hand. But the heated grips will still work. Might be some loss if more heat enters the bar itself, when more isolated from the grip surface, but I wouldn't worry to much about it.

/C

Online SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
« Reply #355 on: July 08, 2015, 12:41:37 PM »
I have had Grip Puppies on my K13S and R12GS. Heat does take a little longer to get through the closed cell foam, and just by feel they are not a hot when compared to the stock grips. The main reason I put them on was to increase the diameter of the grip (I find the OEM grips woefully small), I rode with them for many years but always felt that they gave too much of an increase. I have subsequently removed the Grip Puppies and installed replacement Gel grips, just enough increase in girth for me, have that slightly softer feel (gel) and the heat coming through is pretty much as per the OEM grips.

Offline cas

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #356 on: July 08, 2015, 01:08:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by ngallan [+]
Does the heated grip still work - i.e. can you feel the heat through them?

I haven't tried the heater yet but I would assume it will not be as good as the original grip.
But I don't ride in winter so I don't use em.

Offline Minerals

• S1000R Pro
  • City / Town: Hampshire UK
« Reply #357 on: July 08, 2015, 05:08:50 PM »
I have a set of grip puppies fitted. They definitely reduce the vibrations, and as said above they are fatter, therefore the heat takes a little longer to come through. The heat is slightly reduced imo, but lets face it they weren't the hottest of grips to begin with either! :164:
You got the minerals?

Offline jstreu3

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: '15 S1000R
  • City / Town: Wisconsin
« Reply #358 on: July 08, 2015, 05:39:05 PM »
Installed a shorty akrapovic full system with a baffle I got from someone on the forum. It sounds great. Definitely loud but with the baffle in, it takes some of that edge off. Happy with how it all went and looks!!  :152:

Offline jaylude22

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2015 s1000r
  • City / Town: Redding
« Reply #359 on: July 10, 2015, 07:29:04 PM »
I just replaced my RR with the R and I really like it.  I put a set of OZ Piega forged wheels on and that really made the bike feel lighter.  The difference I felt by switching the wheels reminds me of what it's like to go from a bigger bike directly to a sport bike; a lighter and more maneuverable feel.  I have an Akrapovic full system on the way so I'm anxious to put that on next weekend.  I was hoping to leave the exhaust stock, but the stock exhaust has a tone that, for me, is a little annoying when maintaining a lower speed (leaving my house/coming home).  In the near future, I'd like to put bar end mirrors and the V-stream sport windscreen. 

Recent Posts/Topics