Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What have you done to your S1000R today?  (Read 353237 times)

Offline Waffle

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R S (Black)
  • City / Town: London
Re: What have you done to your S1000R today?
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2015, 04:42:46 PM »
Put a sticker on the tank.

http://jizzmachine.com/

Offline miles

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: A red one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2015, 04:14:14 AM »

Classy.
Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

Offline Lowrance

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1KR
  • City / Town: So Cal
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2015, 04:29:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by V_Raptor [+]
Answer to the topic:

Went exploring new places with new ppl whilst trying to keep all the filings in my mouth....OMFG....

http://youtu.be/5cZN3L7WC5s

:305:

Just noticed 200+ posts....what is wrong with this picture....Answer, way toooooooo much posting for my liking.... :745: :745:

V...I see you've dropped your front an additional 5mm or so more than stock. Was this to quicken up the steering for PI?  Have you installed an aftermarket damper?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 04:31:43 AM by Lowrance »
Why is common sense so uncommon?

Offline jucam

• S1000R Master
  • City / Town: Calgary
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2015, 05:04:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Waffle [+]

Haha i got the same
In Tartiflette we trust

Offline jhinck1414

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Orange County CA
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2015, 05:26:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by Waffle [+]

http://jizzmachine.com/

i enjoy Baron von Grumble...not sure if i would that stick on my bike.

Offline ampj8

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1kR, Duc Hyper
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2015, 09:42:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by cas [+]
Fitted this tank protector

Exactly the same I am fitting on mine now I can see how it looks  :009:

Offline V_Raptor

• S1000R Master
  • Never out of the fight
  • Bike: S1000R RED
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2015, 11:19:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by Lowrance [+]
V...I see you've dropped your front an additional 5mm or so more than stock. Was this to quicken up the steering for PI?  Have you installed an aftermarket damper?

Hey GrandMaster Lowrance, lord of all lords (sorry I couldn't resist...lol, you can punch me nxt time you are down here....)  :020: :020: :020:

Now, on a more serious note,

1 - yes, I have dropped the front another ring, three showing to sharpen the steering a bit, not only because PI, more like riding style/preference really, I'm more of a flicker than a leaner. As you know it is a trade off between steering speed vs stability...hence the answer to your nxt question

2 - Yes, I have installed the Hyperpro RSC on my bike, I can run it quite "loose" and be always confident that if the steering damper's shaft velocity increses too much, the "progressive" stage stops the shake  :028:

:015:

I hope my answers have pleased you, m'lord .....

:008: :008:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:18:25 PM by V_Raptor »
Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing....

CR250 (86) sold, CBR 450SR sold, RD 350LC sold, CBR 900 sold, CBR 954 sold, R1 99 sold, R1 05 sold, R1 11 sold, S1KR 14

Offline ampj8

• S1000R Grand Master
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2015, 04:00:40 PM »
Hey GrandMaster Lowrance, lord of all lords (sorry I couldn't resist...lol, you can punch me nxt time you are down here....)  :020: :020: :020:

Now, on a more serious note,

1 - yes, I have dropped the front another ring, three showing to sharpen the steering a bit, not only because PI, more like riding style/preference really, I'm more of a flicker than a leaner. As you know it is a trade off between steering speed vs stability...hence the answer to your nxt question

2 - Yes, I have installed the Hyperpro RST on my bike, I can run it quite "loose" and be always confident that if the steering damper's shaft velocity increses too much, the "progressive" stage stops the shake  :028:

:015:

I hope my answers have pleased you, m'lord .....

:008: :008:

By "flicker" you mean that you snap the bike by the bars in order to change direction right? Instead of leaning more over the bike and use more body?

Offline V_Raptor

• S1000R Master
  • Never out of the fight
  • Bike: S1000R RED
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2015, 10:10:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by ampj8 [+]
By "flicker" you mean that you snap the bike by the bars in order to change direction right? Instead of leaning more over the bike and use more body?

Ampj8,

A combination of both really, I tend to use a lot of body movement, definitely not sitting on the top of the bike like a lump of (... Insert here whatever you think is appropriate...lol) you can easily see what I mean on my videos, plus positive counter steering on the bars. The main reason for this is, I like to "finish" the turn as soon as I can, which suits the type of riding I do, b & c back roads, twisties and specially trackdays, this is the opposite to longer lazy arcs through corners, I don't do freeways, highways etc, lucky enough to live in a place where I have the opportunity not to ;)

On the second half of the video the camera is mounted on the back facing forward, you can see "body movement" then ;) that day was a public holiday with gazillions of cop all over the place therefore speeds, and steering speed, were quite subdued, but it gives the idea

Hope I have answered your question brother, otherwise please ask away

:821:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:18:12 PM by V_Raptor »
Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing....

CR250 (86) sold, CBR 450SR sold, RD 350LC sold, CBR 900 sold, CBR 954 sold, R1 99 sold, R1 05 sold, R1 11 sold, S1KR 14

Offline ampj8

• S1000R Grand Master
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2015, 10:45:37 PM »
Ampj8,

A combination of both really, I tend to use a lot of body movement, definitely not sitting on the top of the bike like a lump of (... Insert here whatever you think is appropriate...lol) you can easily see what I mean on my videos, plus positive counter steering on the bars. The main reason for this is, I like to "finish" the turn as soon as I can, which suits the type of riding I do, b & c back roads, twisties and specially trackdays, this is the opposite to longer lazy arcs through corners, I don't do freeways, highways etc, lucky enough to live in a place where I have the opportunity not to ;)

On the second half of the video the camera is mounted on the back facing forward, you can see "body movement" then ;) that day was a public holiday with gazillions of cop all over the place therefore speeds, and steering speed, were quite subdued, but it gives the idea

Hope I have answered your question brother, otherwise please ask away

:821:

Now all clear thanks! Music was good as well. Enjoy the rides.

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor