Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What have you done to your S1000R today?  (Read 364723 times)

Offline Esceptico

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S 1000 R Sport
Re: What have you done to your S1000R today?
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2015, 07:26:53 PM »
Took it back to the dealer to have HP levers fitted. Whilst they were doing the work I took out an RR. Wow. Some bike. Amazing that it feels so different from the R despite being so similar.

They also got rid of the limiter at 9000. They were a bit bemused that the limiter was there. Anyway found a quiet straight road on the way home and the limiter is now where it should be :)

The HP levers are better but I don't understand why the levers on the R are so far from the bars where they were perfect on the RR.

Offline fredaroony

• Ex Member
  • S1000R Grand Master
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2015, 09:58:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Esceptico [+]
Took it back to the dealer to have HP levers fitted. Whilst they were doing the work I took out an RR. Wow. Some bike. Amazing that it feels so different from the R despite being so similar.

They also got rid of the limiter at 9000. They were a bit bemused that the limiter was there. Anyway found a quiet straight road on the way home and the limiter is now where it should be :)

The HP levers are better but I don't understand why the levers on the R are so far from the bars where they were perfect on the RR.

I found it very frustrating, among all the other drama at my first service, that the dealer didn't know about the rev limiter. It's actually listed as the second item on the checklist from BMW.

Clearly some of these dealer don't the information updates handed out to them. Personally I wouldnt go back to a dealer like because who knows what else they will miss in the future.

The rev limiter is not that new of a thing for them not to know about.

Offline Esceptico

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S 1000 R Sport
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2015, 10:26:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by fredaroony [+]
I found it very frustrating, among all the other drama at my first service, that the dealer didn't know about the rev limiter. It's actually listed as the second item on the checklist from BMW.

Clearly some of these dealer don't the information updates handed out to them. Personally I wouldnt go back to a dealer like because who knows what else they will miss in the future.

The rev limiter is not that new of a thing for them not to know about.

The mechanic said they had been on a BMW training session and been told that the R didn't have a limiter but they have noticed bikes delivered with limiters. Sounds odd.

When they connected my bike up I got a software update. But they couldn't tell me what!

They also forgot to reset the auto shifter so only got as far as the first roundabout and had to head back (fortunately I had read a thread on here on that so knew it was a problem).

They also said changing the levers would be 30 mins and it took 3 hours! I would have stayed out much longer on the RR had I known how long it was going to take.

Despite the slow service and issues they are a good bunch and did give me the R for a whole day and also managed to get a decent trade in price for me.

Offline fredaroony

• Ex Member
  • S1000R Grand Master
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2015, 10:57:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Esceptico [+]
The mechanic said they had been on a BMW training session and been told that the R didn't have a limiter but they have noticed bikes delivered with limiters. Sounds odd.

When they connected my bike up I got a software update. But they couldn't tell me what!

They also forgot to reset the auto shifter so only got as far as the first roundabout and had to head back (fortunately I had read a thread on here on that so knew it was a problem).

They also said changing the levers would be 30 mins and it took 3 hours! I would have stayed out much longer on the RR had I known how long it was going to take.

Despite the slow service and issues they are a good bunch and did give me the R for a whole day and also managed to get a decent trade in price for me.

It's in the documentation though so there is no excuse as manufacturers change things in production from time to time. I watched my rev limit getting taken off and it's pretty clear in the software.

We're talking about pretty basic stuff really and they should be keeping up to date with this stuff. I found it quite frustrating to have to argue it out with the place that did my service that I wasn't talking about the rev light. I even asked twice before I rode if the rev limit had been taken off and was told twice that yes it had.

Of course 500 metres down the road....
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 10:59:10 PM by fredaroony »

Offline fredaroony

• Ex Member
  • S1000R Grand Master
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2015, 11:38:08 PM »
Hopefully will do most of it today and will post plenty of pictures in the mods section :)

Lightech Chain Adjusters
Rizoma RRC Levers
Wunderlich axle protectors
Hyperpro Steering damper
Black S1000RR '15 trim covers

Also swapping out my COX radiator guard for a Evotech. Will be selling the COX...

Offline AussieS1KR

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2015, 11:56:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by fredaroony [+]
Hopefully will do most of it today and will post plenty of pictures in the mods section :)

Lightech Chain Adjusters
Rizoma RRC Levers
Wunderlich axle protectors
Hyperpro Steering damper
Black S1000RR '15 trim covers

Also swapping out my COX radiator guard for a Evotech. Will be selling the COX...

Why the swap from Cox?

Offline fredaroony

• Ex Member
  • S1000R Grand Master
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2015, 12:13:17 AM »
No real reason other than I think the Evotech looks a little better and someone was selling one on here.

Offline AussieS1KR

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2015, 12:20:18 AM »
How much you want for yours and what condition is it in? Is it the black or silver one?

Offline fredaroony

• Ex Member
  • S1000R Grand Master
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2015, 12:33:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by AussieS1KR [+]
How much you want for yours and what condition is it in? Is it the black or silver one?

Sent you a PM

Offline V_Raptor

• S1000R Master
  • Never out of the fight
  • Bike: S1000R RED
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2015, 01:16:51 PM »
What have I done to my bike today ???

hummmm lemme see...

A bit of  :305:

Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing....

CR250 (86) sold, CBR 450SR sold, RD 350LC sold, CBR 900 sold, CBR 954 sold, R1 99 sold, R1 05 sold, R1 11 sold, S1KR 14

Recent Posts/Topics