Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fasteners for Wunderlich tank bag - how to get replacements ?  (Read 1817 times)

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R sport
  • City / Town: Manchester
Those of you who use these bags will know how they fasten to the tank.

The lugs on the bag clip onto to a couple of special bolts that replace the standard torx bolts that hold on the top tank panel.

These are called Tenax Stud Fasteners.

When I had my accident, the bag made it through with just a tiny scuff, but one of the Tenax fasteners snapped (the ball on top of the stud snapped off) - I've written to the importer (no reply) and searched for a similar metric size, but they seem hard to obtain.

I'd hate to waste a great back for the sake of one bolt - if anyone has an idea of where to get a metric Tenax stud (have done a few online searches but have not really come up with anything concrete) - or if you have a spare one (for any reason !) - advice / info would be great ! 

Online SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
Re: Fasteners for Wunderlich tank bag - how to get replacements ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 10:12:15 PM »
I would contact Wunderlich.de directly and explain what happened. Your never know, they may just drop a couple in the post for you!

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Master
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 11:54:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by SimonUK [+]
I would contact Wunderlich.de directly and explain what happened. Your never know, they may just drop a couple in the post for you!

Thanks Simon - I've just done that. Hope it works !

Offline Bobs

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 12:22:34 PM »
those bolts are not stainless, so mine caught some rust after a while. Wrote to Wunderlich (I am in Germany though), and they sent me new ones. Those are rusting again by now, but just wanted to mention that you can get them from Wunderlich directly.
BMW F30 320d
BMW S1000R

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Master
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 08:34:07 AM »
Thanks both - made contact with Wunderlich in Germany - they've said that they are 2 each, which is worth it to get the bag operational - but I've replied twice to try and order but they haven't got back to me - will keep you posted ...

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Master
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 10:06:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by nrthrnbkr [+]
Thanks both - made contact with Wunderlich in Germany - they've said that they are 2 each, which is worth it to get the bag operational - but I've replied twice to try and order but they haven't got back to me - will keep you posted ...

So since this post and getting a reply I've contacted them another 3 times and asked how to buy the parts ! Very odd ! No response !

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Master
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 11:50:44 PM »
Looks like another route to resolve this.

Bizarro comms with Wunderlich - got an initial reply saying I could buy the part for 2 but have written 5 times now - no reply and one response from his pa to say he was in the office Monday - wrote Monday and no reply

What a to do and weird outfit indeed  - hopefully I can source a similar bolt online otherwise the bag is junk !

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Master
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 06:29:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by SimonUK [+]

I thought I'd just post this here in case anyone found themselves in a similar position.

Wunderlich offered to help and then consistently ignored my polite emails.

The parts needed (Tenax Stud Fasteners) are available for the GS - the bolts are longer but can be trimmed down (which is what I'll be doing) - available from Nippy Normans and I can get the part No if anyone needs it. They are Wunderlich spares so I had to give them more of my $$$ indirectly.

They have however been sent a nice email outlining how absolutely rubbish they are - I mean why offer if you're then going to act idiotically when you take them up on it....anyway issue solved and bag will be back in action ! 

Offline mel b

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2017 S1000R
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 08:25:06 AM »
Bad service mate - you can't have been spending enough.  :230:

Glad to see you have it sorted  :028:
Don't mess with the OLD FARTS - age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Master
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 09:26:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by mel b [+]
Bad service mate - you can't have been spending enough.  :230:

Glad to see you have it sorted  :028:

Yep - very happy now I've managed to fix it -  they would have been better saying 'can't help, but order this from your dealer' ? Nutjobs !!!

Recent Posts/Topics