Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Low beam shut-off cure... maybe.  (Read 145246 times)

Offline miles

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: A red one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
Re: Low beam shut-off cure... maybe.
« Reply #530 on: January 29, 2019, 04:17:09 AM »
Try the left side aux socket.

Seriously.
Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

Offline Circus

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R, Red
  • City / Town: San Diego
« Reply #531 on: January 29, 2019, 04:33:09 AM »
Miles, which OA plug did you connect to low beam?  I thought you said right side.
Only two kinds of people in the world . . . women and children.

Offline miles

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: A red one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
« Reply #532 on: January 29, 2019, 05:43:56 AM »
Yes, the right side works on mine for that purpose. However, for some reason that has never been explained, some posters here have reported that the right side had the same issues you've reported but for them the left side did the job. 

Yes, it makes no sense, but there it is.
Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

Offline Circus

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R, Red
  • City / Town: San Diego
« Reply #533 on: January 30, 2019, 03:19:16 AM »
Thank you Miles.  Just checked.  On my bike the right side plug #1 and #2 are ground and power. 

On the left side the front most plug #1 and #3 are ground and power.  I did not check which was which but it powered my H7 LED front bulb.

Check before you solder and shrink wrap, zip tie, etc.
Only two kinds of people in the world . . . women and children.

Offline Stumasters

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2018 BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Kentucky
« Reply #534 on: May 26, 2019, 02:30:55 AM »
I've got a 2018 single R and I tried the right side can-bus port without luck.  Every lead had some sort of voltage, matter of fact it seems like all 3 had 12v+, so no ground.  I was about to give up on the accessory wire, and purchased the PDM60 anyway, being that I wanted to also run a 5v charging lead up to the bars for a USB outlet for gps or phone.  In reading here, I learned there was another on the left side of the bike, and in a guide somewhere I noticed one guy tapped into one somewhere down around the clutch? 

Either way I didn't plan to upgrade lamps just yet, I went ahead and ordered the PIAA extreme white motorsports halogen for the dim and left the bright alone.  Eventually I may go full HID as I have done on my other bikes in the past, but I just want to have decent output and both lamps working at once.  It is asinine to me that US requirements limit the bulbs on my R from working just because they are opposing sides.  My Busa has center-line lamps and both operate.  That thing with HID is like having the power of the sun at your fingertips.

I have seen the lower fork mounted driving lamps here as well, and I kind of like that for late night country road or back road riding.  The PDM60 will allow me an option to hook those up in the future as well, and you can run them with a switch as well via the PDM if I read correctly.  It's a pricey alternative, but it gets great ratings. 

My plan like mentioned is to run a new plug (ceramic) to the dim bulb, then solder and heat shrink/ tube the wire back to one of the PDM 20A leads and be done with it.  Go into the settings and disable the LAMPR setting so the warning is not an issue. 

Glad I found this thread, it helped clear things up alot.

Recent Posts/Topics