Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Low beam shut-off cure... maybe.  (Read 130554 times)

Offline stanksbeamen

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Honolulu
Re: Low beam shut-off cure... maybe.
« Reply #520 on: July 25, 2018, 02:47:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by SimonUK [+]
Yes, I have both low and high beam HID installed as well as the 'low beam on all the time fix', but I do not think you can use the canbus plug.

pm your e-mail and I can send you instructions on the 'low beam on all the time fix'  that u used with my HID. You will need a 12v relay and some wir.

I'll PM you shortly, thanks for the information and help!  :062:
2017 S1000R
1997 E36 M3

Online CrazyBiker

• S1000R Pro
  • Faster Smoother!
  • Bike: S1R, S1RR, FZ1
  • City / Town: Fremont, CA
« Reply #521 on: July 25, 2018, 04:51:26 PM »
Anyone figured out a way to connect the low beam to a switched source that comes on with the engine running?
2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike CAT|Bestem Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|360+R&G LED signals|R&G+Puig Protection
2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport 
Brocks CT Full System|GPR Damper|Elka Stg3|Sato rearsets|Bestem Cowl|Sargent Seat|Puig Screen|Woodcraft+GB protection|MD signals
H&B panniers on both

Offline amesser325

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2017 S1000R
  • City / Town: Bloomington
« Reply #522 on: August 15, 2018, 05:05:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shasta McNasty [+]
I have been trying to figure out a purely "software" fix for this issue for a long time, but so far without success.  I have been able to do some stuff with ISTA/P (a maintenance and software "coding" tool for BMW cars and bikes) but not that. 

Can you explain a bit more about what didn't work with ISTA+? I have a rather new dataset, but still not new enough to cover my 2017 build, so I get an 'unrecognized' or similar error.
What I mean to ask, I suppose, is can you drill down into the menus but just can't see where the US lighting is an option in the light module? All my experience in coding is with my 07 530iT car via NCS Expert/Dummy so the programming side of ISTA+ is new to me.

It just seems like this should be a coding thing, based on the other things I've seen in their car programming.

Thanks,

Andy
17 S1000R
07 530iT 6MT

Offline Shasta McNasty

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R
  • City / Town: Northville, MI
« Reply #523 on: August 30, 2018, 10:06:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by amesser325 [+]
Can you explain a bit more about what didn't work with ISTA+? I have a rather new dataset, but still not new enough to cover my 2017 build, so I get an 'unrecognized' or similar error.
What I mean to ask, I suppose, is can you drill down into the menus but just can't see where the US lighting is an option in the light module? All my experience in coding is with my 07 530iT car via NCS Expert/Dummy so the programming side of ISTA+ is new to me.

It just seems like this should be a coding thing, based on the other things I've seen in their car programming.

Thanks,

Andy
17 S1000R
07 530iT 6MT

Yeah, I can't access any "coding" functions at all in ISTA+ or NCS Expert.  Only "service" functions like would be done at a dealer's service department.  Lighting mode would most likely be coding, not service, as you guessed. 

We can manage coding on cars but not the bike.  It's been a while since I last tried, maybe the latest .dat files are better.  Honestly it's been so long I forget the actual error. 

What version are you on? 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 10:10:59 PM by Shasta McNasty »

Offline amesser325

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2017 S1000R
  • City / Town: Bloomington
« Reply #524 on: August 31, 2018, 02:52:00 AM »
I'm running ISTA+ v4.09 and V63.0 DATEN files from around Jan 2018 (or at least when I downloaded them). WAG but since the daten files didn't have a K47 reference I used the K001, which are at least referenced in the I-Level shown on the main vehicle info page of ISTA+
I do get a ignition not found reference, not sure if that's code for low battery or some other weird issue.

My next attempt will be to connect via NCS rather than ISTA. Seems as though the programming and module language hasn't kept up with cars. I suppose since there's only 4 modules interaction is a bit easier to leave well enough alone.

Thanks

Andy
17 S1000R

Recent Posts/Topics