Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Why We Joined  (Read 7065 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline LTRRTL

  • S1000R Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 432
  • Country: au
  • Bike: BMW s1000R red
  • City / Town: Adelaide
Re: Why We Joined
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 09:15:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by Wsl346 [+]
do you have plans on importing any tecbike products into the states. I for the life of me can't find their cat cover over here.
Download google chrome, jump on their website and order. The English translation will be displayed. I initially balked at the cost of postage but couldn't wait to cover the cat.
😝

Offline Motomachines

  • Approved Vendor
  • S1000R Member
  • *
  • Posts: 86
  • Country: us
  • Bike: S1000R White
  • City / Town: Sterling, VA
Re: Why We Joined
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 01:59:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by mandatedmv [+]
Howdy Ed and Albert!

For Ed, could you please post some pics of your bike and the accessories you've since placed on the bike?

For everyone else, Albert is a great correspondence when ordering from Motomachines; good people over there. 

Cheers, everyone!

I'll see if Ed or myself can't upload a couple additional photos! I'll have to look back to see which pictures Ed did put up, and try my hand at some photography for additional accessories added.

Thanks for the kind words!

Albert
Moto Machines
Importer and Distributor for Hepco & Becker and Ermax Products
https://www.motomachines.com/

Offline Motomachines

  • Approved Vendor
  • S1000R Member
  • *
  • Posts: 86
  • Country: us
  • Bike: S1000R White
  • City / Town: Sterling, VA
Re: Why We Joined
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 02:04:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by StreetTriple [+]
So you planning on putting the top box onto the s1000R using the sport rack or another option??

Can you post pictures of the sport rack and the extension (enlarging) plate-quite interested in that!!

Unfortunately because the Sportrack uses the pillion seat lock, no top cases can fit on it properly. I can, however, get some pictures posted up of the enlargement plate on the Sportrack for you!
Moto Machines
Importer and Distributor for Hepco & Becker and Ermax Products
https://www.motomachines.com/

Offline StreetTriple

  • S1000R Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 176
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Re: Why We Joined
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 03:14:09 PM »
Yeah that would be great.(re photos of the sport rack extended plate)

If a top case can't be fitted to the sport racK, how are you going to fit a top case to the S1000R??? Intrigued......

Offline Motomachines

  • Approved Vendor
  • S1000R Member
  • *
  • Posts: 86
  • Country: us
  • Bike: S1000R White
  • City / Town: Sterling, VA
Re: Why We Joined
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 05:45:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by StreetTriple [+]
Yeah that would be great.(re photos of the sport rack extended plate)

If a top case can't be fitted to the sport racK, how are you going to fit a top case to the S1000R??? Intrigued......

You may be able to attach 3 of the Journey Top Cases (the 30L, 40L, or 50L cases that use the universal attachment plate), depending on if the plate can fit over the Sportrack without blocking off the pillion seat locking mechanism. I'll have to give that a check to see if it's possible at all.

Here are some pictures of the Sportrack enlargement plate. (Note that the C-Bow bags cannot be used with the enlargement plate!)







I'll post a couple more pictures of the additional work done to the S1000R, regardless of if we sell the parts or not!
Moto Machines
Importer and Distributor for Hepco & Becker and Ermax Products
https://www.motomachines.com/

Offline Motomachines

  • Approved Vendor
  • S1000R Member
  • *
  • Posts: 86
  • Country: us
  • Bike: S1000R White
  • City / Town: Sterling, VA
Re: Why We Joined
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 08:02:06 PM »
OK...so it looks like the Journey 30L case would fit nicely onto the Sportrack. The universal mounting plate that comes with it can be mounted in a way that does not block the pillion lock on the Sportrack, and it actually fits pretty nicely. Anything bigger may stick out or protrude into the rider's riding space.

The case below is the Journey is question, along with the mount that could attach itself to the Sportrack (also seen below)




http://www.motomachines.com/Hepco-Becker-Sportrack-BMW-S1000R-from-2014_p_4902.html
http://www.motomachines.com/Journey-Top-Case-30_p_169.html
Moto Machines
Importer and Distributor for Hepco & Becker and Ermax Products
https://www.motomachines.com/

Offline gregbike

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 17
  • Country: us
  • Bike: 2014 S1000R
  • City / Town: Chicago
Re: Why We Joined
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 04:45:49 AM »
Hey Ed @motomachines - great to see you and your company on here - I just ordered a H&B sportrack from you!

I'm wondering if you've actually seen anyone finishing it up and mounting a topcase onto the sport rack? 

I've got a pretty decent plan to mount an aluminum top case onto the sportrack, probably a touratech model, as the "baseplate" for their top cases is fairly open in the center, and should be able to be positioned to get the topcase in the right position and/or allow for access to the keyhole.  I'll just drill a few holes where I need them.
(sorry - the H&B mounting plates are too solid in the middle...)

My goal is to have a removable, lockable case for city commuting to work, to stash my helmet in, in the parking lot.  I think an aluminum topcase will look best - I personally can't go with the black plastic look - I'll be going for a S1000R(X) vibe - or maybe a S1000R-GS?  Ha!

The question is really the stability of the locking mechanism with a mounted topcase? I' m assuming it's solid but wondering if a 30-35ltr case might wiggle the lock around a bit?

I have a backup plan as well to reinforce the sport rack plate from below if needed - there are some points/holes to tie into the frame in non destructive way under the pillion, with a little creativity...

Let me know what you've seen or heard, and I'll be posting some pics as I put it together.

(or I may try it and then have a topcase and mount to sell on the S1000XR forum - who knows!!)


Online SimonUK

  • S1000R Grand Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3083
  • Country: us
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
Re: Why We Joined
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 12:49:48 PM »
I have the H&B Sport Rack mounted on my S1kR and have traveled with the BMW 55l soft case(with plenty of weight in it) strapped to it with no problems, it remained very secure.

Offline Motomachines

  • Approved Vendor
  • S1000R Member
  • *
  • Posts: 86
  • Country: us
  • Bike: S1000R White
  • City / Town: Sterling, VA
Re: Why We Joined
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2016, 02:09:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by gregbike [+]
Hey Ed @motomachines - great to see you and your company on here - I just ordered a H&B sportrack from you!

I'm wondering if you've actually seen anyone finishing it up and mounting a topcase onto the sport rack? 

I've got a pretty decent plan to mount an aluminum top case onto the sportrack, probably a touratech model, as the "baseplate" for their top cases is fairly open in the center, and should be able to be positioned to get the topcase in the right position and/or allow for access to the keyhole.  I'll just drill a few holes where I need them.
(sorry - the H&B mounting plates are too solid in the middle...)

My goal is to have a removable, lockable case for city commuting to work, to stash my helmet in, in the parking lot.  I think an aluminum topcase will look best - I personally can't go with the black plastic look - I'll be going for a S1000R(X) vibe - or maybe a S1000R-GS?  Ha!

The question is really the stability of the locking mechanism with a mounted topcase? I' m assuming it's solid but wondering if a 30-35ltr case might wiggle the lock around a bit?

I have a backup plan as well to reinforce the sport rack plate from below if needed - there are some points/holes to tie into the frame in non destructive way under the pillion, with a little creativity...

Let me know what you've seen or heard, and I'll be posting some pics as I put it together.

(or I may try it and then have a topcase and mount to sell on the S1000XR forum - who knows!!)

Thanks for the order!

The Sportrack is a stable rack, and we haven't really noticed or seen any sort of wobble with the locking mechanism, it seems to be sturdy. The main thing about attempting to mount a top case of any variety is to keep any mounting plate clear of the lock, so that you can attach/detach the rack, while still having access to the Sportrack's pillion unlock feature. There is definitely space to do it, that is just the main concern of mounting a top case. Be careful as to not mount the case too far forward towards your seating space as well!

Let us know if you have any additional questions that we can help with.
Moto Machines
Importer and Distributor for Hepco & Becker and Ermax Products
https://www.motomachines.com/

Offline Timbo

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 62
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
Re: Why We Joined
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 02:28:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by SimonUK [+]
I have the H&B Sport Rack mounted on my S1kR and have traveled with the BMW 55l soft case(with plenty of weight in it) strapped to it with no problems, it remained very secure.

Hi Simon. Do you have any pics of the soft case on the H&B rack - specifically mounting/strapping? I have an old soft case from my K1300S days and would love to be able to use it on the S1000R.

 


Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor