Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 1306 times)

Offline miles

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: A baby blue one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
Re: I'm back!
Reply #10 on: June 21, 2022, 09:48:57 PM
*Originally Posted by rogracer [+]
I have to say I'm pretty dumbfounded by all the bad experiences with the new Speed Triple...
on paper it looks like a great bike  :084:

I'm baffled by this, too.

I had a fantastic ownership experience with my '04 S3. That bike gave me over 60,000 trouble-free miles.
Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 09:49:21 PM by miles
Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

Offline Syss

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: Astrid & Sarotea
  • City / Town: Stockholm
Reply #11 on: June 22, 2022, 06:27:36 AM
I hope you'll like your new bike.

I read what podder stated and I don't know about the quality issues, but for me I can say with all certainty that I would never have bought the older model. I was never a fan of the riding experience though it looked cool. The new seating position is exactly what I was looking for and I love how punchy it is in low revs (though I guess it would be better with dynojet or something to get rid of the irritating twitching).

I guess BMW wanted to appeal to a slightly different audience with the newer model and they succeeded in my case at least 😊

Offline Toolman

• S1000R Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: West Sussex
Reply #12 on: July 03, 2022, 04:41:57 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome home!! I've had the bike just over a week now and around 400 miles, I just love it! A year ago when I road tested a gen3  my initial thoughts were that it was a bit boring, a bit bland, now I'm just super impressed, perhaps it's because after the Triumph everything actually works just as it should lol.
In response to Podders critique heres my answers...
Bar position, yes it's more of a reach, nor problem for me, I like it, find it a bit sportier actually.
Low down punch, possibly feels a little less, I'm telling myself it's because it's so smoooooth!
Mine has Brembos, so can't comment. TBF I've read about problems with the Hayes callipers.
Rear lights, yep, I'll keep my eyes open for an after market improvement, pretty stupid arrangement.
Plastics, guess that's the constant drive for less weight, can't imagine it's going to be a problem or that anything will break.
Engine casings, mine was a demo bike and there is some odd colouring to the right side engine castings, if I can be bothered I'll try and find a cleaner for that and report back.
Looks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Headlamp is a design fiasco though, very disappointing visually. The TFT dash on the other hand is brilliant.

sociology-monitor