Author Topic: S1000r Navigation Prep  (Read 508 times)

Offline dixie

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Motorrad
  • City / Town: MB Canada
S1000r Navigation Prep
on: May 10, 2022, 12:08:50 AM
I have an S1000R on order that should be arriving in the next week or so, and i'm just figuring out which accessories to order. One of the things that caught my eye is the new Motorrad phone cradle that works in conjunction with navigation preparation. My bike does not have nav prep but from what I gather, its something that can be installed after the fact.

I'm wondering if anyone has this installed already and can post a picture of how it looks when mounted? I'm guessing it would go underneath the tft screen somehow? I think the XR has it mounted on the windscreen above the TFT

Thanks in advance!
Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 12:09:02 AM by dixie

Offline Joe85

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Kent
Re: S1000r Navigation Prep
Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 10:48:31 PM
Buy a quadlock with wireless charger and use the motorrad app. Better, and cheaper.

The app is genuinely class for twisty routes - used it recently for a 7-day excursion to France.

Offline S1KR_2021_Ir

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2021 S1000R M
  • City / Town: Mullingar
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 04:34:46 PM
*Originally Posted by dixie [+]
I have an S1000R on order that should be arriving in the next week or so, and i'm just figuring out which accessories to order. One of the things that caught my eye is the new Motorrad phone cradle that works in conjunction with navigation preparation. My bike does not have nav prep but from what I gather, its something that can be installed after the fact.

I'm wondering if anyone has this installed already and can post a picture of how it looks when mounted? I'm guessing it would go underneath the tft screen somehow? I think the XR has it mounted on the windscreen above the TFT

Thanks in advance!

I have one, needs a software update to make it work.
Service booked for 3 weeks time so I'll let you know afterwards.

Offline Oops

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1KR
  • City / Town: Skye
Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 03:47:01 PM
Hardly ever use my quad lock. Set favorites in the BMW connect navigation app on my phone, leave it in the top pocket, and then pull them up on the TFT on the go if needed. Means I've only got navigation running when I need it, and works seamlessly with music.