Author Topic: Deciding whether to: BrenTune for 2022 S1R  (Read 849 times)

Offline Leo167

• S1000R Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 22 S1000R
  • City / Town: Sayreville
Deciding whether to: BrenTune for 2022 S1R
on: April 11, 2022, 10:31:05 PM
Been on the fence with getting a stage 1 bren tune for my USA 2022 S1R
whether is it worth the price for what you get and other possible issue like the one below

https://www.s1000r.co.uk/index.php/topic,10425.0.html

So for the ones who BT'd their latest gen S1R with a Stage 1 tune was / is the below measurable?  / noticeable?  / significant change from stock? / worth $800 USD?

(from the BT website)
8% horsepower gain across the RPM range (see graph below)Horsepower gained from exhaust valve management
Cooler riding temps
Potential cold start, hot start issues solved. Idle is smooth and consistent
Improved throttle response in all gears
Longer powerband from increased RPM limiter
Better exhaust note (as bike is silent stock due to exhaust valve)   (I removed the cables, I'm happy with the tone and will stay with the stock can)

Thanks in advance

Online Dave1100xx

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2022 S1000R US
  • City / Town: Salt Lake City
Re: Deciding whether to: BrenTune for 2022 S1R
Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 08:46:21 PM
I road my bike stock for a month after breaking in my 2022 S1000R to get a feel for the bike.  Loved it stock.  Very nice fueling. Very precise throttle.  Then did a Stage 1 Brentune with stock exhaust.  Bike retunes itself using the new Air-Fuel Targets with the stock wideband O2 sensors very nicely after a few rides.  Very noticeable improvement in midrange.  You can check their website for dyno runs.  Then months later added a full akro and Stage 2 BrenTune (with Temperature Sensor relocation but without their air filter).  After a few days I can say WOW.  14 lbs lighter without the CAT and even bigger improvement in midrange and fuel mileage.  Now I can run the bike much more in the 4-8k range with little or no need to go higher on canyon roads in the Sierras. On a recent 4 day trek there I averaged 42 mpg. As a gage of our pace, wore out Bridgestone S22 rear in 4 days (to wear bars).  The way in which BrenTune works using the Bosch ECU and O2 sensors is truly revolutionary (constantly adjusting the fueling for changing condition including changes in exhaust).  Worth every penny. 

Check out CALIMOTO on YouTube for installation of BrenTune and Full Exhaust.

Offline Leo167

• S1000R Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 01:01:16 AM
*Originally Posted by Dave1100xx [+]
I road my bike stock for a month after breaking in my 2022 S1000R to get a feel for the bike.  Loved it stock.  Very nice fueling. Very precise throttle.  Then did a Stage 1 Brentune with stock exhaust.  Bike retunes itself using the new Air-Fuel Targets with the stock wideband O2 sensors very nicely after a few rides.  Very noticeable improvement in midrange.  You can check their website for dyno runs.  Then months later added a full akro and Stage 2 BrenTune (with Temperature Sensor relocation but without their air filter).  After a few days I can say WOW.  14 lbs lighter without the CAT and even bigger improvement in midrange and fuel mileage.  Now I can run the bike much more in the 4-8k range with little or no need to go higher on canyon roads in the Sierras. On a recent 4 day trek there I averaged 42 mpg. As a gage of our pace, wore out Bridgestone S22 rear in 4 days (to wear bars).  The way in which BrenTune works using the Bosch ECU and O2 sensors is truly revolutionary (constantly adjusting the fueling for changing condition including changes in exhaust).  Worth every penny. 

Check out CALIMOTO on YouTube for installation of BrenTune and Full Exhaust.

Thanks... didn't realize thats how BT works, thought it was a static flash that just enriches and leans certain sections throughout the throttle / rpm range (I may of missed it in my reading / watching) Some mid range improvements is really all I'm looking for in stock form... so besides the mid range improvement on the stage 1, assuming the cold idle is also lowered as well as electronically setting the intake + exhaust flapper in the open position or is that only part of stage 2 ? have you ever reverted back to stock for the purpose of dealer visits?
Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 01:10:45 AM by Leo167

Online Dave1100xx

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2022 S1000R US
  • City / Town: Salt Lake City
Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 02:56:09 AM
Yes. The idle on the BT flash is nicely lowered.  Also the autotuning is a feature of the Bosch/BMW ECU.  May not be how it works with non/BMW bikes.  I do my own maintenance so I haven't needed to go back to stock flash but that is advisable as the dealer sometimes updates the software.  See the notes on their website.

Offline Leo167

• S1000R Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 12:26:37 PM
I let the dealer do the initial on any new bike, after that itís all on me. Just wondering if thereís any quirks when going back and forth just in case I do need to bring her for possible warranty issues.. again appreciate the reply