Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2015 GSX-S1000. Excuse me I just vomited..  (Read 7942 times)

Offline Lowrance

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1KR
  • City / Town: So Cal
Re: 2015 GSX-S1000. Excuse me I just vomited..
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 06:38:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by awg [+]
:0461:
But then again those who live in glass house shouldn't throw stones. It's not as if our bike is a stunning looker.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
Why is common sense so uncommon?

Offline S1rdek

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1r
  • City / Town: Northeast
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 07:46:29 PM »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
I don't like it, it's a z1 clone but I don't matter. Those who spend their hard earned cash buying one presumably do, so to them, fck the rest of us.
Incidentally, all my related young ones, that'll be everyone under 30, love my s1r, comments like bat bike etc. are often said. Personally, it brings a smile to my face each time I look at it & a huge grin when riding it. Lets just be grateful we have such a choice.

Offline MadRussian

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 09:47:19 PM »
Inside info from Suzuki says it will be de-tuned to 150HP, so you won't see me on one.
My anger management class really pisses me off.

Offline Spyke

• S1000R Pro
  • City / Town: rustington
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 09:24:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by MadRussian [+]
Inside info from Suzuki says it will be de-tuned to 150HP, so you won't see me on one.

Really,  what if it has more mid range power and more torque and weighs in 20kg lighter.
All that are born are given a life, only a few truly live it.

Offline mac900

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Honolulu
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 10:16:42 AM »
In the sense of leaving my beloved V-twins for an I4 it was a stretch to go for the S1000R. I'm not sorry but I'd never go for the Suzuki route. Been there, done that. They make excellent bikes but they don't do anything for me. If it wasn't for the BMW I'd be on a KTM or a used Streetfighter 1098.
No modification goes unpunished. ---- Good people drink good beer. ----  It's all up to your skill level, your thrill level and your will level. Everything else is just fluff. ---- Memento mori.

Offline Spyke

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 10:44:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by mac900 [+]
In the sense of leaving my beloved V-twins for an I4 it was a stretch to go for the S1000R. I'm not sorry but I'd never go for the Suzuki route. Been there, done that. They make excellent bikes but they don't do anything for me. If it wasn't for the BMW I'd be on a KTM or a used Streetfighter 1098.

Can't argue with you there, although I could be tempted by the monster 1200s, v twins are in blood somehow and I think the monster is the most under rated bike in this class, it may not have the outright power of the bmw but it has more torque, great suspension,  fantastic breaks and a very good electronics package,  it's also very comfortable for me and the finish is superb and is a truly fantastic road bike. On the down side you have to fit the accessories screen to see the dash in bright sun lite, yours heels rub the passenger foot rest hangers and it's not quite as agile as the S1Krs, all this I could live with easily enough but the tuff part is it costs 1800 more than the beemer.

Offline mac900

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Honolulu
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2014, 05:54:38 PM »
I've had Monsters in the past. Maxed out modding a carb'd 900 but I was headed in a superbike direction at the time and learned that no matter how I worked the engine & the suspension it wasn't going to be a superbike. But I did love it. The new Monster 1200 is lower, wider & longer, almost Diavel cruiser like and I don't think anything like the hooligan it used to be. Maybe, I dunno, but it turns me off.
No modification goes unpunished. ---- Good people drink good beer. ----  It's all up to your skill level, your thrill level and your will level. Everything else is just fluff. ---- Memento mori.

Offline Spyke

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2014, 06:47:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by mac900 [+]
I've had Monsters in the past. Maxed out modding a carb'd 900 but I was headed in a superbike direction at the time and learned that no matter how I worked the engine & the suspension it wasn't going to be a superbike. But I did love it. The new Monster 1200 is lower, wider & longer, almost Diavel cruiser like and I don't think anything like the hooligan it used to be. Maybe, I dunno, but it turns me off.

Handling wise it's nothing like the diavel, in fact motor wise it's light years ahead of the air cooled monsters of old and it's only marginally slower handling than the bmw but that is only really of any consequence if your doing track days, as road bike I would choose it over everything if it were not for the price and I were never going on track, if I were only doing country road scratching and track days it would be the tuono v4 but to do it all it's the beemer.

Offline flynbulldog

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: s1000R
  • City / Town: Larkspur CO
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2014, 12:26:22 PM »
Ive seen a few renditions of the new GSR1000 that I really like and in fact I would consider owning one if it didn't look like it was designed by a Japanese cartoon artist.

But I'm really glad to see this new picture -

if it really is the final production of the new bike I can rest happy with the BMW  :305:

As for the new Monster it's a sad direction for Ducati - not the engine but the cruiser-like dimensions - no-thanks.  :110:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:35:16 PM by flynbulldog »

Offline Lowrance

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1KR
  • City / Town: So Cal
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2014, 03:13:02 PM »
Yep. Saw that top one from MCN and thought Wow! Suzuki have a winner on their hands if they make it look half this good and leave the motor/suspension alone.

Unfortunately, they did not.
Why is common sense so uncommon?

Recent Posts/Topics