Author Topic: 4 the back packers  (Read 361 times)

Offline Leo167

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 22 S1000R
  • City / Town: Sayreville
4 the back packers
on: December 12, 2021, 09:38:13 PM
When I don't have options available for side bags / tail bags or if there is but just out of stock- I typically go with a back pack to carry some essentials and some camera gear
currently using a very small camel back hydration pack for this purpose but need more real estate during the fall months. I purchased this Amazon Kemi Moto back pack (copy of the OGGIO No drag back pack) Haven't ridden with it yet but so far since its larger than my camel back and has some padding the weight that I typically carry seems lighter and I like how I don't have to expnd the bag to get what I need packed with that said it keeps the profile pretty low....out of the box I can say its in better shape compared to some of the more expensive semi rigid SW motech stuff, I've received tail bags from them and even BMW that looks like someone fell asleep at QC- this is not my first Kemi I purchased a tail bag to strap on my dual sport a couple of years ago so far through the woods in the rain and mud still holding up  and holding its semi rigid shape..... Just wished they offered other accent colors or an all black option (guess a magic marker can do that) hope this one holds up also

Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 09:40:43 PM by Leo167

Offline Hamburg

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Oxford
Re: 4 the back packers
Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 11:49:29 PM
For longer/overnight  trips I prefer my BMW tank bag (for heavier items) and a Rucksack just for a change of clothes, Iíve used a Kreiga R15 for the last 10 years.

Offline Leo167

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 22 S1000R
  • City / Town: Sayreville
Re: 4 the back packers
Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 02:42:00 AM
The kriega stuff is top notch gear- know a few that use that gear
For longer all day rides or a possible weekend (rare lately) I get on my GS
My busted up aging body will not allow greater than 6 hours on the S1R