Author Topic: BMW Tail Bag for S1000R and RR  (Read 306 times)

Offline John B

• S1000R Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Bicester
BMW Tail Bag for S1000R and RR
on: November 19, 2021, 08:28:42 AM
This the last item I have for sale now having sold my 2017 S1000R.
It is a genuine OEM Motorrad tail bag with all fixings and in unmarked condition.
Only used for 1 trip.
Has 45 litre capacity and can easily handle a weeks worth of travelling gear.
I am looking for 110 plus shipping.
I have this on other sites now.

Offline NikWak67

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2015 Sport
  • City / Town: Huddersfield
Re: BMW Tail Bag for S1000R and RR
Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 06:04:06 PM
That's a very fair price John & a good deal for anyone interested as they were over 200 new ... i have the same tail pack & have used it for at least a couple of trips a year for the past 5 years & it has been great...fully waterproof inner compartment big enough to hold my Schuberth helmet.
I love the fact it isn't too large, but then expands sideways if required. Even without expanding I did a week trip with just this & the BMW tank bag.
Good luck with the sale.

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '14 S1KR, ZeroS
  • City / Town: Potter Valley
Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 06:09:46 PM
Also have one and it is indeed nice! The only issue with it is that it can rub on the tail fairing marking it. This is easily solved with a layer or two of clear packing tape. My tail is red and I use red duct tape, it is not noticed and I feel better about its increased durability.

GLWS
"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

Offline NikWak67

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2015 Sport
  • City / Town: Huddersfield
Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 06:29:06 PM
*Originally Posted by starpower [+]
Also have one and it is indeed nice! The only issue with it is that it can rub on the tail fairing marking it. This is easily solved with a layer or two of clear packing tape. My tail is red and I use red duct tape, it is not noticed and I feel better about its increased durability.

GLWS

:0461:
You definitely have to protect the paintwork either side of the rear seat when using this tail pack as the underside can rub despite the fact that when the footrest & tail straps are done right it feels rock solid. I used a sheet of thin non-slip black rubberised mesh matting (my bike is black) that I cut out to fit over the rear end but around the rear seat so it was easily removed with the luggage & it protected both from the seat pack & the saddlebags I've used. :001:

Offline John B

• S1000R Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Bicester
Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 10:47:08 PM
*Originally Posted by NikWak67 [+]
:0461:
You definitely have to protect the paintwork either side of the rear seat when using this tail pack as the underside can rub despite the fact that when the footrest & tail straps are done right it feels rock solid. I used a sheet of thin non-slip black rubberised mesh matting (my bike is black) that I cut out to fit over the rear end but around the rear seat so it was easily removed with the luggage & it protected both from the seat pack & the saddlebags I've used. :001:
You are right mate and I will include my non slip matting with the bag for whoever wants it.

sociology-monitor