Author Topic: Austria >95db limit fine advice  (Read 497 times)

Offline DutchieS1000R

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000R Black '15
  • City / Town: Noord-Brabant
Austria >95db limit fine advice
on: September 17, 2021, 05:06:43 PM
Wondering if some of you know how best to deal with a fine I received during my trip in Austria last week (sept’21), beside pay it.
It’s a fine for driving a pass that is limited to bikes to max 95db. And indeed there was a small sign before turning up the road, which I missed.

Was stopped like all other bikes. They checked via the license plate the registered db and for my 2015 it was 97db, meaning 2db too loud. Also says on the label near the head of the frame by the way.

Now I understood that it is against some European law and it is illegal what they do … it seems … any experience with this? How best to organise or how to appeal?
All advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Offline djmrmagic

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Austria >95db limit fine advice
Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 09:54:41 AM
Sorry to hear about your fine, can't offer any legal advice, personally I would pay.

Thank you for reminding me on this, that is one of my fav routes, the L198, (Hochtannberg Pass)  and L21 Stanzach to Berwang, I was hoping that perhaps it was scare mongering, but looks like the threat is real  :003:  :003:

Offline DutchieS1000R

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000R Black '15
  • City / Town: Noord-Brabant
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 10:44:06 PM
Thanks
Yes was a nice trip we made and had a great time.

Didn't receive anything yet … no letter or admin fine … also no legal advice …

Cheers

Offline djmrmagic

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 10:05:19 AM
Yah it looks like it is legal, it was due to residents complaining about noise, so a consultation was made, and this was the outcome.
Reading more articles on this, it sounds like all the locals wanted was more of a soft approach rather than banning all motorcycles over 95db

https://www.visordown.com/news/general/noise-ban-top-selling-motorcycles-approved-austrian-route

sociology-monitor