Author Topic: Affordable Custom Leather  (Read 510 times)

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '14 S1KR, ZeroS
  • City / Town: Potter Valley
Affordable Custom Leather
on: September 11, 2021, 05:39:44 PM
Not feeling safe with my off-the-shelf A* leathers on my thin body and bird legs, I decided to go for custom after I read about good prices from Moto-Gear.us. I was skeptical about $499 for custom leathers, hell I would feel the same for off-the-shelf! However, a reputable reviewer (Superbike Coach) gave me the confidence to take the plunge. I picked a pattern/style and then selected my own colors and logos. Then the wife and I went about taking the 30 (!) measurements. It is critical that you take your time and redo at least 3 times to confirm. After emailing the measurements and custom needs like 1 or 2 piece, vented or not, boots in or out and so on. I was sent mock-ups of my suit. After my tweaks they resent the final design for approval. Amidst this pandemic I received my new suit in about 6 weeks. Pants fitting my legs to perfection but I made a couple of measurement mistakes on the jacket and they forgot to perforate  (2 piece). They offered to redo the jacket with new adjustments and perforated for $120 shipped and I keep the unperforated for cooler days. The new jacket now fits as perfect as the pants - a true custom tailored fit!

The quality and workmanship is excellent, can't find a single flaw or reason to be disappointed! Highly recommend you look into this custom option for better than shelf prices. I have no affiliation whatsoever, just impressed enough to want to share with fellow bikers.
"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

Offline Knobnose

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: '17 S1000r
  • City / Town: Kailua, Hawaii
Re: Affordable Custom Leather
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 07:02:34 AM
Very strange ordering process. Scam?

Offline Hamburg

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2014 Sport
  • City / Town: Oxford
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 07:45:21 AM
Photos? I’d be interested to see it

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 04:27:37 PM
Not a scam, I got my leathers and the customer service and communication during the ordering process was exceptional and very fast even on the weekend. They have been making leather products for 10 years.

"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

Offline j_newman1990

• S1000R Member
  • City / Town: brea, california
Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 07:03:27 PM
*Originally Posted by starpower [+]
Not a scam, I got my leathers and the customer service and communication during the ordering process was exceptional and very fast even on the weekend. They have been making leather products for 10 years.

Looks damn good and satisfied but the $499 is a bit expensive! I'm happy with my VC Jacket https://www.vikingcycle.com/collections/mens-leather-motorcycle-jackets/products/viking-cycle-bloodaxe-motorcycle-leather-jacket-for-men and pant from CG https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/alpinestars-fluid-chaser-pants (everything is under $200 :152:)

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 04:19:07 PM
*Originally Posted by j_newman1990 [+]
Looks damn good and satisfied but the $499 is a bit expensive! I'm happy with my VC Jacket https://www.vikingcycle.com/collections/mens-leather-motorcycle-jackets/products/viking-cycle-bloodaxe-motorcycle-leather-jacket-for-men and pant from CG https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/alpinestars-fluid-chaser-pants (everything is under $200 :152:)
This is for custom tailored track/street leathers with Level 2 protection, not off the shelf super cheap low protection. Those pants are just that, less protection than jeans.

Offline Hamburg

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2014 Sport
  • City / Town: Oxford
Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 08:33:19 PM
I agree, I wouldn’t wear that jacket, no armour, no back protection. No thanks!

sociology-monitor